DSL ISPs Cable Companies Dialup Internet Service Providers
.inf Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add an init string to Windows 95/98 Dial-Up
- Doubleclick My Computer, then doubleclick Dial-Up
Networking. (If a Dial-Up Networking folder is not
present in My Computer, use this method: From the Start
button, choose Programs, then Accessories, then Dial-Up
- Right-click on your connection icon and choose
- Click the Configure button.
- Click the Connection tab.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Enter the init string in the Extra Settings
- Click OK to save changes.
Do commands in Extra Settings add to or replace the
They add to the existing string in the .inf file.
However, if the string you enter contains any &F
command, it essentially replaces the existing string,
because the &F commands reset the modem to the factory
Next question: How do I
extract init strings from Windows 95/98 .inf files?
Found a mistake or a bad link? Contact us.
Copyright © 2013 Marchex, Inc. All Rights Reserved.